- Knowing what's actually wrong is much better than imagining all the horrible things it could be. I've never really understood people who avoid the doctor because they're scared of what he'll tell them.
- The L.A. Times crossword puzzle is harder than the New York Times crossword puzzle. Or at least, it was on August 16, 2010.
- No matter how bad things seem, chances are they could be worse. The fella's eye was oozing and gross, but at least we weren't as bad off as crying, puking girl.
- I am desperately in love with my boyfriend. Spending 7 hours in various waiting rooms of the hospital while I waited for him to get checked out certainly wasn't fun, but it also didn't feel like I was going out of my way or being inconvenienced; really, I couldn't have been anywhere else. Holding his hand while we waited for the first round of intravenous medication to finish was a high point in a long day.
- Edmonton actually does have some hot cops. And they all hang out in the Emergency room at the University Hospital. There's no shortage of hot paramedics either.
Tuesday, August 17, 2010
Things I Learned At The Hospital
Well, learned probably isn't the right word, since I already knew a few of these. Perhaps reinforced would be a better word. But I digress: